This is a Single Point link, or quick commentary on the article or page linked above. (Follow the title link above to the source for full background on the commentary below).
Published on November 11, 2009 2:57 PM by dbo.
For reference for the last post and future articles on the Collective Bargaining Agreement, I have posted links to the past two CFL CBA‘s on the new CBA page.
The Collective Agreement covers, among other things:
- the standard CFL player contract
- number of games and time between games
- training camp length, hours and pay; pre-season compensation
- All-Star game and CFLPA awards and golf tournament
- minimum compensation
- definition of a veteran player
- post-season compensation
- pension plan, medical and life insurance
- roster sizes, negotiations lists, disabled lists, retired lists and roster restrictions
- equalization and expansion drafts
- practice rosters
- CFLPA dues
- injury grievances
- travel allowance and moving expenses
- substance abuse policy
- miscellaneous benefits (tickets to home games) and rules
Of interest is Appendix “F”, Notice to Player Being Placed on Nine Game Injury List, which clearly requires a player or player representative to sign the document to acknowledge receipt of the document.