SECTION 8 — TIE GAME
In the event that the score is tied at the end of the second half of a game, each team
will be given the opportunity to score using the following procedure:
- The first team, as determined by coin toss, shall scrimmage the ball at the opponent's 35-yard line and may advance by consecutive series of downs until it makes a score or loses possession.
- The second team will then scrimmage at the same 35-yard line and proceed as above.
- If the score is a touchdown, the convert attempt must be a two point
attempt scrimmaged from the 3-yard line.
- If the score is still tied, the procedure shall be repeated at the opposite end of the stadium.
- A winner is determined only if both teams have had equal opportunities to score.
- If a winner is not determined after two attempts the game will be declared a tie.
- If the game is a playoff or championship game and a winner must be determined, the same procedure shall continue until a winner is finally declared.