SECTION 5 — FOUL ON CONVERT
If a foul is committed during a convert attempt prior to the ball being snapped or during Team A’s initial attempt to score a convert, the following shall apply:
- If either team commits a foul (except a Major Foul, Defensive Offside or Pyramiding) the non-offending team may elect to have the penalty applied from PLS and repeat the convert attempt, or accept the play as it terminated,
- If the foul is a Major Foul, Defensive Offside or Pyramiding, the non-offending team may elect to have the penalties applied (i) from PLS and repeat the convert attempt, (ii) accept the play as it terminated and apply the penalties on the subsequent kickoff, or (iii) repeat the convert from PLS and apply the penalties on the subsequent kickoff if the penalties occurred prior to the snap of the ball. If both a Major Foul and either Defensive Offside or Pyramiding are committed by Team B, the penalties may not be split between a re-try of the convert and the subsequent kickoff. They must both be applied from the same point of application,
- If the time has expired in the period, the kickoff will take place at the start of the following period. If game time has expired, no further play shall be permitted.
- If a convert attempt is repeated as the result of a penalty to either team, on a play where Team A had initially elected to attempt a two point convert from the 3 yard line they must continue to attempt a 2 point convert on the subsequent convert. They cannot change their election and now try a 1 point kicked convert. If Team A had elected to initially attempt the convert from the 25 yard line, on any subsequent convert re-tries, they may continue to attempt either a 1 or 2-point convert.
If the ball continues in play after an unsuccessful convert attempt (defined as Team A’s Field Goal attempt crossing the line of scrimmage and being short or wide, or Team B intercepting a forward pass, or Team B recovering a fumble) and a foul occurs, the following shall apply:
- If the team in possession creates a foul, it shall forfeit the right to score,
- If the team not in possession creates a foul, the penalty shall be applied on the ensuing kickoff,
- If either team creates a Major Foul, the penalty shall be applied on the ensuing kickoff.
If either team creates a Major Foul after the convert attempt is terminated, the penalty shall be applied on the ensuing kickoff.