Published on September 1, 2022 7:35 PM by dbo.
The August 2022 release notes for the CFLdb family of sites details the the data and site improvements made in the past month. Read on for details.
The following changes have been made to CFLdb Statistics since the last report:
- Data: Removed a duplicate game for the 1932 IRFU season and corrected the standings (Thanks Claude!).
- Data: Corrected Edmonton 1995 regular season games played for the following players (Thanks Blake!):
- Blake Dermott from 5 to 9 (changing his league overall GP spot from tied for 76th to tied for 65th, and Edmonton games played leaders from tied for 5th to sole possession of 5th),
- Craig Hendrickson from 13 to 18 (changing his league overall GP spot from tied for 292nd to tied for 252nd),
- and Shalon Baker from 18 to 17.
- (There are still some audit issues with the 1995 Edmonton roster and player participation. See the Player Classification summary tab. Anyone who can rectify any errors on CFLdb with sources that result in explanation or valid numbers will be credited here.)
- Data: Associated Deron Pointer 1995 player participation with Toronto rather than Edmonton. (Thanks Blake!)
- Data: Added game boxscore scoring summaries for the 1998 season (over 1350 data points).
- Data: Added game boxscore team stats for the 1998 regular season and playoffs (over 1150 data points).
- Data: Added game boxscore individual stats for the 1998 regular season and playoffs (over 1650 data points).
- Data: Additional updates (additional 236 updates, additions and deletions this month).
- Enhancement: On game result pages, mark acting coaches (game day acting coaches due to head coach unavailability) with asterisk.
- Enhancement: Adds Historical/Modern CFL toggle to CFL All-Time Win-Loss Record page.
- Enhancement: Adds Historical/Modern CFL toggle to CFL Best/Worst Records page.
- Enhancement: Adds Historical/Modern CFL toggle to CFL Scoring Records page.
- Enhancement: Adds Historical/Modern CFL toggle to CFL Point Differential Records page.
- Enhancement: Adds Historical/Modern CFL toggle to CFL Winning and Losing Streaks page.
- Enhancement: Adds team win/loss record summary tab to Labour Day Weekend page.
- Bug: Fixes bug with streak start and end of season queries wording.
- Bug: Fixes bug with streak game list returning future games with no decision in some scenarios.
- Bug: Fixes bug with search by date.
- Bug: Fixes certain missed converts with penalties not requiring a re-kick from appearing in scoring summaries.
- Bug: Fixes missing game attendance notice not appearing on league season attendance page regular season summary when there are missing attendances.
Along with other cosmetic, data, performance, administrative, or infrastructure related bug fixes and enhancements (51 commits this month).
Special acknowledgement to contributors Claude and Blake this month.
All statistical pages for CFL league history now provide a historical/modern toggle, allowing viewing of official historical history (default) and modern history if desired. All future additions will include this feature from the start. Work will continue on adding and exposing additional data at the season level while continuing to explore ways the site can be more navigable.
Found an Issue?
Please report any issues you come across in the data on the site or in its display. If you have concerns over the absence of data or how it is displayed, please let CFLdb know. Thank you for taking the time to make the site better by adding information and sources, eliminating errors and correcting misleading information.
If CFLdb missed your contribution this or any other month, please send a gentle reminder so the record may be corrected. And apologies for the unintended slight.
Contributions, Corrections and Suggestions
Send all contributions, corrections and suggestions to me via methods found on the Contact page. All contributions are credited, with more prominent credit for the largest statistics contributors on the CFLdb Statistics contributor page. The contributor list does, then, reflect the true owners of the site, those that research, compile and contribute data and corrections.