Published on June 1, 2022 8:40 PM by dbo.
The May 2022 release notes for the CFLdb family of sites explains the data and site improvements made in the past month. Read on for details.
The following changes have been made to CFLdb since the last report:
- Update: Regenerated new versions of 2022 printable PDF and iCal schedules.
The following changes have been made to CFLdb Statistics since the last report:
- Data: Added season jersey numbers, first names, grad programs or other biographical data for 53 players (Thanks Mark!).
- Data: Added game boxscore scoring summaries for the 2000/2001 seasons (over 2800 data points).
- Data: Added game boxscore team stats for the 2000/2001 regular season and playoffs (over 2300 data points).
- Data: Added game boxscore individual stats for the 2000/2001 regular season and playoffs (over 3400 data points).
- Data: Additional updates (over 450 additional updates, additions and deletions this month).
- Enhancement: Switch team instance roster to search interface to be consistent with team and league roster pages.
- Enhancement: Implement CFL historical season navigation. This allows navigation for 1907-1957 seasons on the CFL league section, displaying links to historical leagues for those seasons.
- Enhancement: Remove opponent record from CFL league season pages prior to 1961.
- Enhancement: Refactor streaks page, removing club/team option. The current state uses Teams to calculate streaks, which supports streaks across team name changes or interruptions in service. Team instances may be added as a feature in the future to restrict streaks to a specific instance.
- Enhancement: Added seasons column to league and team all-star player selection lists.
- Enhancement: Add consecutive points summary to Game page Extra tab for games from 2000 forward.
- Enhancement: Add player full names on hover and links to player pages from Game page scoring summary and individual statistics sections.
- Bug: Fix team roster search.
- Bug: Fix bug in calculation of streaks beginning or ending the season. CFLdb regrets the presence of this error undetected for so long.
Along with other cosmetic, data, performance, administrative, or infrastructure related bug fixes and enhancements (56 commits this month).
Special acknowledgement to contributor Mark this month.
Experimentation has started on radical site navigation changes as well as surfacing data that has recently been added to the database. We hope the next update sees progress in these areas.
Found an Issue?
Please report any issues you come across in the data on the site or in its display. If you have concerns over the absence of data or how it is displayed, please let CFLdb know. Thank you for taking the time to make the site better by adding information and sources, eliminating errors and correcting misleading information.
If CFLdb missed your contribution this or any other month, please send a gentle reminder so the record may be corrected. And apologies for the unintended slight.
Contributions, Corrections and Suggestions
Send all contributions, corrections and suggestions to me via methods found on the Contact page. All contributions are credited, with more prominent credit for the largest statistics contributors on the CFLdb Statistics contributor page. The contributor list does, then, reflect the true owners of the site, those that research, compile and contribute data and corrections.