Published on January 1, 2022 11:26 AM by dbo.
The December 2021 release notes for the CFLdb family of sites condenses the changes and improvements made in the past month. Read on for details.
The following changes have been made to CFLdb since the last report:
- Enhancement: Added 2022 season schedules in PDF, iCal and CSV format to the Schedule page.
The following changes have been made to CFLdb Statistics since the last report:
- Data: Updated season jersey data (plus some biographical data) for over 80 individual seasons (Thanks Mark!).
- Data: Added 2022 CFL Schedule.
- Data: Related updates (over 450 updates, additions and deletions this month).
- Enhancement: Change League All-Time Roster listing from alphabetical to search by player name, birthplace or grad program.
- Enhancement: Change Team All-Time Roster listing from alphabetical/position to search by player name, birthplace or grad program.
- Enhancement: Add League Season Roster page, with filtering by player, position, games played, team, season in league, grad program and birthplace.
- Bug: Show team season summary for all season lengths.
- Bug: Improve team season summary and playoff results by fixing edge cases.
- Bug: Fix issue where new playoff participation not compiled.
- Bug: Fix Game Matchup Record show Grey Cup record for Grey Cup games instead of Regular Season matchup records.
- Bug: Make last decade record calculations consistent.
- Bug: Add Overtime indicator to Grey Cup game list.
- Bug: Fix missing team for assistant coach terms on person pages.
- Bug: Add print styles across site, make season schedule page print clean and simple schedule.
Along with other cosmetic, data, performance, administrative, or infrastructure related bug fixes and enhancements (56 commits this month).
Special acknowledgement to contributors Mark and Paul this month.
2021 In Review
For the 2021 year overall, the following summarizes the work completed:
- Data: over 7,500 additions, updates and deletions.
- Data: over 2,300 contributions from our valued supporters.
- Data: seven unique contributors in 2021.
- Changes: over 625 commits, representing bug fixes, enhancements and improvements to infrastructure.
2022 will see a start on the next evolution of CFLdb Statistics beginning in January.
Found an Issue?
Please report any issues you come across in the data on the site or in its display. If you have concerns over the absence of data or how it is displayed, please let CFLdb know. Thank you for taking the time to make the site better by adding information and sources, eliminating errors and correcting misleading information.
If CFLdb missed your contribution this or any other month, please send a gentle reminder so the record may be corrected. And apologies for the unintended slight.
Contributions, Corrections and Suggestions
Send all contributions, corrections and suggestions to me via methods found on the Contact page. All contributions are credited, with more prominent credit for the largest statistics contributors on the CFLdb Statistics contributor page. The contributor list does, then, reflect the true owners of the site, those that research, compile and contribute data and corrections.