Published on March 2, 2021 8:15 PM by dbo.
The February 2021 release notes for the CFLdb family of sites lists the data improvements, enhancements and fixes made in the past month. Read on for details.
The following changes have been made to CFLdb Statistics since the last report:
- Data: Added biographical information, primarily high school, for over 310 players, which resulted in the addition of two missing players and two player seasons. (Thanks Mark!).
- Data: Added game time for approximately 40 games, resulting in the addition of hourly weather for same.
- Data: Related updates (over 700 updates, additions and deletions this month).
- Enhancement: Migrate League Season Standings pages to new navigation, improved performance.
- Enhancement: Migrate League Season All-Star pages to new navigation.
- Enhancement: Migrate League Season Draft pages to new navigation.
- Enhancement: Migrate League Season Attendance pages to new navigation.
- Enhancement: Migrate League Season Scoring pages to new navigation.
- Enhancement: Migrate Team Season Attendance pages to new navigation.
- Enhancement: Migrate Team Season Roster (Player Participation) pages to new navigation.
- Enhancement: Migrate Team Season Scoring pages to new navigation.
- Enhancement: Add regular season champion to League Season page when no playoffs.
- Enhancement: Add Season records (to Game, Quarter, Half, 3 Quarter records) to League Scoring Records page.
- Enhancement: Add missing Jersey numbers option to Contributor Tools.
- Enhancement: Tweak formula to display person page links, allowing more players pages to be visible. Add information and improve info and warnings on person pages.
- Enhancement: Improve navigation history in use on some pages, changing URL hash to allow tab location to be maintained through navigation and bookmarks, but not every tab visited be added to history.
- Enhancement: Add Grey Cup Attendance ranking tab to Grey Cup list page.
- Bug: Fix missing media game links from Game pages.
- Bug: Fix display of non-CFL league season awards.
Along with other cosmetic, data, performance, administrative, or infrastructure related bug fixes and enhancements (34 commits this month).
Special acknowledgement to major contributor Mark, and Joseph this month.
With much of the immediate needs to address navigation and other issues corrected, attention will shift to bigger issues like continuing the schema changes needed for teams and leagues to allow them to be displayed and navigate as visitors intend. Some focus will also be needed on infrastructure. This may result in a lack of visible updates except data until complete.
Found an Issue?
Please report any issues you come across in the data on the site or in its display. If you have concerns over the absence of data or how it is displayed, please let CFLdb know. Thank you for taking the time to make the site better and eliminate errors and misleading information.
If CFLdb missed your contribution this or any other month, please send a gentle reminder so the record may be corrected. And apologies for the unintended slight.
Contributions, Corrections and Suggestions
Send all contributions, corrections and suggestions to me via methods found on the Contact page. All contributions are credited, with more prominent credit for the largest statistics contributors on the CFLdb Statistics contributor page. The contributor list does, then, reflect the true owners of the site, those that research, compile and contribute data and corrections.