Published on September 2, 2020 10:14 PM by dbo.
The August 2020 release notes for the CFLdb family of sites outlines the additions and improvements made in the past month. Read on for details.
The following changes have been made to CFLdb Statistics since the last report:
- Data: Added biographical information, primarily high school, for over 900 players. (Thanks Mark!).
- Data: Suspended the 2020 season for the CFL and all teams, marking all 2020 games as cancelled.
- Data: Added Edmonton Football Team, transferred 2020 games to new team in accordance with CFL.
- Data: Related updates (over 2100 updates, additions and deletions this month).
- Enhancement: Removed cflstats.ca (Advanced CFL Stats) links from site (web site is dead).
- Enhancement: Show player links for players participating in 1960 through 1969 seasons.
- Enhancement: Add prologue game (game previous to streak start) to streak game list, list streak rank, increase league and team streak lists to top 10 ranked and added link to show streak game list modal on league and team streak lists.
- Enhancement: Tabify league and team streak pages.
- Enhancement: Tabify league and team best/worst record pages.
- Enhancement: Added column shading to team season quarter scoring table.
- Enhancement: Changed tiebreaker order icon and added link to About Tie Breakers from season standings and week standings pages.
- Bug: Show Labour Day games link for CFL team pages only.
- Bug: Show BC and Alberta teams under West Provincial Leagues tab on teams page.
- Bug: Fix layout issues affecting Stars of the Week tab for some team seasons.
- Bug: Display message instead of nothing when team season has no league or division all-stars.
- Bug: Fix page title displaying incorrectly on team roster page.
- Bug: Fixed issue with tiebreaker steps text.
- Bug: Fixed issue with tiebreaker calculations.
Along with numerous other cosmetic, data, performance, administrative, or infrastructure related bug fixes and enhancements (47 commits this month).
Special acknowledgement to major contributor Mark this month.
The highest priority is the refactoring of the site to handle clubs/teams more appropriately. This is a long time coming and will resolve most of the issues affecting the display of continuous information for teams. The hope is to complete this in Sept. and move on to continued refactoring of pages if time allows.
If I missed your contribution this or any other month, please send a gentle reminder so I may correct the record. And apologies for the unintended slight.
Contributions, Corrections and Suggestions
Send all contributions, corrections and suggestions to me via methods found on the Contact page. All contributions are credited, with more prominent credit for the largest statistics contributors on the CFLdb Statistics contributor page. The contributor list will, therefore, reflect the true owners of the site, those that research, compile and contribute data and corrections.