Published on July 1, 2020 7:44 PM by dbo.
The June 2020 release notes for the CFLdb family of sites provides an update on the changes and improvements made in the past month. Read on for details.
The following changes have been made to CFLdb Statistics since the last report:
- Data: Completed adding honours to database.
- Data: Added 1996 Canadian Equalization Draft (aka Montreal Alouettes expansion draft).
- Data: Added/corrected jersey numbers and biographical information for 6 players. (Thanks Mark!).
- Data: Corrected 2018 Outstanding Player Nomination listed under incorrect player (Thanks Cathy!).
- Data: Updated game and individual biographical information (over 880 updates, additions and deletions this month).
- Enhancement: Added tiebreaker results to main season standings pages (2000-forward).
- Enhancement: Refactor schedule page; show separate schedule tabs for CFC (1956-1957) and CFL (1958-1960) until partially interlocking schedule in 1961 started schedule integration.
- Enhancement: Added all honours in database to player detail pages.
- Enhancement: Added Team Honours page, listing team members and honours received.
- Enhancement: Completed refactoring standings pages to use tabs for displaying division and other standings listings.
- Enhancement: Show player links for players participating in 1980 through 1987 seasons.
- Bug: Fixed tiebreaker text when single division.
- Bug: Show Top Performer rank on Week pages.
- Bug: Don’t show coach record when no games for season on coach detail pages.
- Bug: Fixed participation ranking for seasons and games to include CFL seasons and games only.
- Bug: Fix team upcoming schedule on the team current season page.
- Bug: Fixed page title and meta description on league season week pages.
Along with numerous other cosmetic, data, performance, administrative, or infrastructure related bug fixes and enhancements (34 commits this month).
Special acknowledgement to contributors Mark and Cathy this month.
The next priority is the continued refactoring of pages.
I have discovered an issue with the tiebreaker priority text. It appears to only affect the display, incorrectly showing the increment of the tie breaker priority after a team is eliminated from a tied group. I do not believe it is impacting the result of the tiebreaker. I plan on investigating the issue in July, and hope to have it corrected by the next update.
If I missed your contribution this or any other month, please send a gentle reminder so I may correct the record. And apologies for the unintended slight.
Contributions, Corrections and Suggestions
Send all contributions, corrections and suggestions to me via methods found on the Contact page. All contributions are credited, with more prominent credit for the largest statistics contributors on the CFLdb Statistics contributor page. The contributor list will, therefore, reflect the true owners of the site, those that research, compile and contribute data and corrections.