Published on April 2, 2020 11:43 PM by dbo.
The March 2020 release notes for the CFLdb family of sites lists the slow stream of improvements for the past month. Read on for details.
The following changes have been made to CFLdb Statistics since the last report:
- Data: Added and corrected amateur program details, added non-graduate programs to many persons, added over 100 person relationships and error corrections as a result of this work (over 3480 updates, additions and deletions this month).
- Data: Added biographical, participation or amateur information for 4 players (Thanks Mark!)
- Enhancement: Added amateur program history to player pages (multiple college and junior programs listed for most players, high school only for some).
- Enhancement: Refactor player pages, improving information and tweaking layout and data visibility (hiding tabs when no information in database).
- Enhancement: Show information icon for amateur programs (colleges, junior, high school) on person, team season (draft tab) and team season roster pages that when clicked, displays a popover of the details of the program.
- Enhancement: Added links to known (in database) relations of persons and relationship type on person pages.
- Enhancement: Refactored team season roster pages to tabbed view.
- Enhancement: Refactored draft home page to tabbed view.
- Enhancement: Refactored draft season page to tabbed view.
- Enhancement: Refactored league season page to tabbed view.
- Enhancement: Refactored team season page to tabbed view.
- Bug: Alphabetize order of team list on league season pages.
- Bug: Fix opponents and results not appearing on schedule pages (bug in place for ~5 days) (Thanks Michael!).
Along with numerous other cosmetic, data, performance, administrative, or infrastructure related bug fixes and enhancements (51 commits this month).
Thanks to contributors Mark and Michael this month.
The next priority will be continued refactoring of team pages. Changes to the home page are being envisioned and planned. Additional documentation/standards information is being considered. Other major enhancements are in the planning stage.
Chris Sinclair has also donated British Columbia (BCRFU) results for seasons 1926-1940. Effort will be made to add this information to the database in 2020.
Contributions, Corrections and Suggestions
Send all contributions, corrections and suggestions to me via methods found on the Contact page. All contributions are credited, with more prominent credit for the largest statistics contributors on the CFLdb Statistics contributor page. The contributor list will, therefore, reflect the true owners of the site, those that research, compile and contribute data and corrections.