Published on June 1, 2019 6:57 PM by dbo.
The May 2019 release notes for the CFLdb family of sites documents the numerous data updates to the CFLdb Statistics site. Read on to learn more.
The following changes have been made to CFLdb since the last report:
- Update: 2019 schedules updated (twice).
- Bug: Fixed 2019 schedule csv showing 2018 schedule (Thanks Ralph!).
The following changes have been made to CFLdb Statistics since the last report:
- Data: Added 2,888 jersey numbers for players in seasons from 1967-1975 (Thanks Mark!). Mark also provided additional numbers (approximately 140) and corrections for seasons 1946-1966. Mark’s information has also led to other corrections to missing players and participation for seasons that have been resolved.
- Data: Added and updated 779 ORFU games and compiled season standings for 1930-1960 seasons (Thanks Chris!). The game data and standings information provided also resulted in the addition and correction of teams, team names, season, division and stadium data. The 1891-1897 seasons of Chris Sinclair’s donation of ORFU game data remains to be processed.
- Data: Various other data updates (3475+ updates, additions and deletions this month).
- Enhancement: Shade row in grey and indicate result as ND for games which are not valid and have no decision.
- Enhancement: Show team season roster/player participation contributor summary (total contributions) on team season roster/player participation pages.
- Bug: Cleaned up unnecessary sections showing up on team suspended season pages.
- Bug: Hide pre-season schedule section on league seasons that have no pre-season games.
- Bug: Use new game result decision code for coaches on game pages, and fix bug introduced where visitor decision was showing for both coaches.
- Bug: Fix bug in On This Day where games without times would show up on incorrect day. As a result, there is only one On This Day period, which is Eastern Time, and other time zones will not see the date in their local time. (Thanks Cathy!)
Along with numerous other cosmetic, data, performance, administrative, or infrastructure related bug fixes and enhancements (31 commits this month).
Thanks to contributors Mark, Cathy, Ralph and Chris this month.
After the fourth month of the Datasette experiment, I will begin to wind down the site in June. The Datasette site saw 36 visitors, with 28 people visiting the Introduction post in the month of May.
Based on this amount of usage, and a lack of feedback or expressions of value in the data as presented, I consider the Datasette to be not useful by the greater community, and am giving notice that it will be taken offline in June at the conclusion of the experiment. Please plan accordingly. A notice was added to the site in May. The next experiment to make this data available publicly is being formulated.
Contributions, Corrections and Suggestions
Send all contributions, corrections and suggestions to me via methods found on the Contact page. All contributions are credited, with more prominent credit for the largest statistics contributors on the CFLdb Statistics home page. The contributor list will, therefore, reflect the true owners of the site, those that research, compile and contribute data and corrections.