Published on December 2, 2018 11:41 AM by dbo.
The November 2018 release notes for the CFLdb family of sites details numerous data updates and bug fixes to the statistics site. Read on to learn more.
The following changes have been made to CFLdb Statistics since the last report:
- Data: Added 2018 CFL award nominees, finalists and winners and divisional all-stars.
- Data: Updated SRFU data contributed by Chris Sinclair for 1930-1936.
- Data: Added 2018 regular season, playoffs and Grey Cup Player Participation numbers based on CFL sources.
- Data: Update 2018 games for missing weather conditions.
- Data: Over 700 data updates, additions and deletions were made since the last update.
- Bug: Fix display of opponent record when no games remaining against opponent.
- Bug: Fix attendance calculation not updating after last week of season.
- Bug: Fix error calculating first team game stats, show N/A when team game stats not available.
- Bug: Fix handling of fumble scoring plays, showing correct player, team and distance when own fumble recovered in end zone.
- Bug: Fix error on 2018 CFL season page caused by playoff bracket.
- Bug: Show current season (if qualifies) in team/league best record lists, worst season will still only appear the following calendar year. Long term fix is planned.
- Bug: Remove OT Loss from team/league best/worst record lists. This was preventing seasons with the same record from grouping together. For consistency, records are compared consistently between seasons in W-L-T and winning percentage calculations. This is now noted on the Known Issues page.
- Bug: Added link to Known Issues and disclaimer to league and team Games Played Leader/Active Games Played Leader lists to indicate they are non-official and active may not be up to date.
- Bug: Removed incorrect link to last (2017) season’s schedule appearing on home page after end of season.
- Bug: Wording improvements.
- Easter Egg: A special page was added this month courtesy Tim Capper. Those that read this, find the page and are first to report it to me will receive some Upper Deck CFL cards courtesy CFLdb. Once reported, I’ll update this page so everyone will know to stop looking. Hint: think the loonie and Meech Lake.
Along with numerous other cosmetic, data, performance, administrative, or infrastructure related bug fixes and enhancements (14 commits this month).
Thanks to contributors Chris and Tim this month.
December could potentially see the addition of three rulebook versions and the 2019 schedule. Progress is also expected on the site re-engineering and redesign in the offseason, and I hope to complete much of the vision and planning work in December.
Contributions, Corrections and Suggestions
Send all contributions, corrections and suggestions to me via methods found on the Contact page. All contributions are credited, with more prominent credit for the largest statistics contributors on the CFLdb Statistics home page. The home page will, therefore, reflect the true owners of the site, those that research, compile and contribute data and corrections.