Published on June 3, 2018 3:53 PM by dbo.
The May 2018 release notes for the CFLdb family of sites reports a few improvements on the main and statistics sites. Read on to learn more.
The following changes have been made to CFLdb since the last report:
- Enhancement: 2018 printable and iCal schedules updated with broadcasters.
- Bug: Fix CFL Mash feed.
The following changes have been made to CFLdb Statistics since the last report:
- Data: Approximately 570 data updates, additions and deletions, including adding 2018 ESPN and RDS broadcasters, TSN Pre-season broadcasts, and correcting numerous draft players referencing the wrong player, in which case an additional player record was created.
- Enhancement: Added First Downs (with pass/rush/penalty breakdown) to Team Stats on game pages with CFL provided stats. This is calculated earned first downs (unofficial) from the play log. Anyone wishing to validate and report discrepancies and errors will be credited and rewarded.
- Enhancement: More hierarchical Assistant Coach lists on team season pages, remove duplicate lines for coaches with multiple roles.
- Enhancement: Improve the Page Not Found (404) page.
- Enhancement: Update Google Maps to work with changes to be introduced June 11th.
- Bug: Fix issues with schedule display introduced with off-season rewrite.
- Bug: Fix draft forfeit display.
- Bug: Do not display game Scoring Summary, Team and Individual Stats, and Lead Change sections when year <= 2003 (previously only some sections were not displayed).
- Bug: Do not display game Scoring Summary, Team and Individual Stats, and Lead Change sections when not enough data to provide.
Along with numerous other data, performance, administrative, or infrastructure related bug fixes and enhancements (28 commits this month).
Contributions, Corrections and Suggestions
Send all contributions, corrections and suggestions to me via methods found on the Contact page. All contributions are credited, with more prominent credit for the largest contributors on the home page. The home page will, therefore, reflect the true owners of the site, those that research, compile and contribute data and corrections.