Published on March 31, 2018 12:46 PM by dbo.
The February/March 2018 release notes for the CFLdb family of sites is highlighted by infrastructure changes.
The following changes have been made to all sites since the last report:
- Infrastructure: Improved performance/response time for all sites. Response time is improved and more consistent for all sites.
- Infrastructure: CFLdb sites are now hosted in Canada, with the exception of the metrics site mint.cfldb.ca and CDN site media.cfldb.ca, which are scheduled to be replaced.
- Infrastructure: Improved build and deploy process.
- Infrastructure: Upgrades to the underlying components.
Due to the above, February and March saw higher than normal planned and unplanned outages, performance issues, and obvious and non-obvious errors on the site. If you see more, please report.
The following changes have been made to CFLdb since the last report:
- Enhancement: Switch site to Font Awesome icons.
- Enhancement: Split comments into own Conversation section from Meta section on Article and Link pages.
Along with numerous other performance, administrative, or infrastructure related bug fixes and enhancements (47 commits since the last update).
The following changes have been made to CFLdb Statistics since the last report:
- Data: Added game results for ORFU 1900-1921. For the seasons 1900-1903 only a few games were added, so standings were not compiled. For 1904-1921, most or all games each season were added, so standings were compiled. Also, corrected and added teams and operation dates during these periods. Known attendance was also compiled for the seasons 1904-1927.
- Data: Added attendance for three IRFU games.
- Data: Other data fixes found in audits, review and investigations (over 300 updates and, additions were made).
- Bug: Fix yardage displayed for some safety touch scores on game scoring summaries.
- Bug: Remove duplicate province appearing on Stadium detail page.
- Enhancement: Show lead changes for games in 2004 season forward (previously 2006).
Along with numerous other data, performance, administrative, or infrastructure related bug fixes and enhancements (77 commits since the last update).
Contributions, Corrections and Suggestions
Send all contributions, corrections and suggestions to me via methods found on the Contact page. All contributions are credited, with more prominent credit for the largest contributors on the home page. The home page will, therefore, reflect the true owners of the site, those that research, compile and contribute data and corrections.