Published on December 31, 2017 7:58 PM by dbo.
The December 2017 release notes for the CFLdb family of sites includes data additions, bug squashing and new enhancements on the Statistics side.
The following changes have been made to CFLdb Statistics since the last report:
- Data: Added game results for ORFU 1952-1960, 1956-1960 courtesy of Steven Brainerd. As part of this process, additions and fixes to the member teams were made, including correcting Brampton Redskins to Brantford Redskins. 1952-1955 seasons need review and confirmation, there are known missing games in some seasons.
- Data: Added MVP for the ORFU for 1934-1956, 1959-1960. MVC (1960) and Rookie of the Year (1959) as provided for ORFU.
- Data: Fixed CFL identifiers for 400+ players, allowing career stats to be shown.
- Data: Added 2017 Player Participation for all teams.
- Data: Other data fixes found in audits, review and investigations.
- Bug: Fix issues the result of early release schedule.
- Bug: Fix site to handle 21 week season (displaying schedules, compiling records, etc).
- Bug: Don’t show scoring difference when current season has no results.
- Bug: Hide stuff not relevant on current season page before season starts.
- Bug: On city page, show exhibition games for all teams from city, not just the first.
- Bug: Improved logic for displaying info for non-Canadian cities on city page.
- Bug: Fixed All Time Stats pages for non-CFL leagues showing incorrect record and Grey Cup results.
- Enhancement: Change record points field to Decimal in order to handle fraction points used by non-CFL leagues.
- Enhancement: Return persons with pages in search results, and only show player participation on years < 2004.
- Enhancement: Show league player awards rather than CFL awards on league season pages for non-CFL leagues.
- Enhancement: Show league playoffs rather than Grey Cup result on league season pages for non-CFL leagues.
- Enhancement: Added associated team links to team all-time roster pages.
Along with numerous other data, performance, administrative, or infrastructure related bug fixes and enhancements (80 commits this month).
Contributions, Corrections and Suggestions
Send all contributions, corrections and suggestions to me via methods found on the Contact page. All contributions are credited, with more prominent credit for the largest contributors on the home page. The home page will, therefore, reflect the true owners of the site, those that research, compile and contribute data and corrections.