Published on May 30, 2017 9:59 PM by dbo.
The May 2017 release notes for the CFLdb family of sites includes some major enhancements to CFLdb Statistics.
- Data: Updates to over 300 players, including resolving duplicates or shared usage of over 30 players.
- Data: Updated database with CFL identifiers and info for players from 2004-2016.
- Data: In total, 2,850 players were synced with the CFL, while over 780 database updates were made manually.
- Data: Added 2017 Amateur College draft picks.
- Data: Added 2013 Grey Cup player participation.
- Data: Added 2017 pre-season broadcast games (and updated printable schedules and iCal on CFLdb).
- Data: Added game time on a couple games.
- Enhancement: Link to player detail pages for players played in 2016 season. Further seasons will be opened up in the weeks ahead.
- Enhancement: On player detail pages, provide ability to load CFL career statistics for players. Provide custom calculations for statistics not provided by CFL.
- Enhancement: Wording changes on Streaks, League Attendance and Team Attendance pages.
- Enhancement: Display column totals as zero when none on Draft year page.
- Enhancement: Added and updated spelling and naming consistency of many cities and football programs.
CFL Player Stats
With access to the CFL API, players in the database have been synced with the CFL ids. When there was an unresolvable discrepancy in data between the CFLdb database and the CFL system, the difference was logged in the Notes section of the player’s detail page. I look forward to contributors providing information on which information is correct so the database may be updated with sources for confirmation.
As the new player details get broken in and more usage, I will expand the availability of links to player pages to additional season besides 2016.
- Changes to CFLdb Statistics to reflect community purpose.
- Sync games with CFL ids via the API.
- Work on more frequent updates of data from CFL.
- Continue to work on unique CFLdb content.
- Provide access to CFLdb data to the community.
Contributions, Corrections and Suggestions
Send all contributions, corrections and suggestions to me via methods found on Contact page. All contributions are credited, with more prominent credit for largest contributors coming soon.