Published on April 30, 2017 5:08 PM by dbo.
April 2017 release notes for the CFLdb family of sites includes some major enhancements to CFLdb Statistics.
The following fixes and enhancements have been made to CFLdb Statistics since the last report:
- Data: Attendance module was revamped and all attendance numbers recalculated/refreshed.
- Data: Fixed attendance for 1992 West Final (previous attendance was week attendance rather than game attendance).
- Data: Corrected Hamilton Tiger-Cats Stadium instance, 1950–1956.
- Data: Updated jersey numbers for 64 player seasons (not visible yet).
- Data: Added game time for three games.
- Data: Corrected duplication or errors on a dozen players.
- Data: Final updates to ORFU/Rochester Rockets 1956 season data and notes (courtesy Gary Cobb).
- Enhancement: Improved team season attendance pages, added 5-year and 10-year average comparisons; updated wording to Divisional and Non-divisional, and League +/-.
- Enhancement: Added team overall/record attendance pages, including largest attendances for both home and away games, records by season and attendance by stadium and opponent.
- Enhancement: Add field to record “Announced Sellout” and display on game pages.
- Bug: Fixed Division/Non-division opponent winning percentage on past season not showing.
The rewrite of the attendance compilation module has exposed issues with (most likely) stadium capacity, especially on data prior to 1970. This is most apparent when looking a percentage of capacity records for a team on their overall/record attendance page (linked from team main page), such as records of 150% of capacity. Efforts were made to correct obvious errors discovered in an audit process, but numbers requiring investigation and justification remain. Visitors are welcome to analyze the data and provide sources to stadium capacity figures for years in question in order to correct issues.
More work is planned to continue the attendance improvements:
- include Announced Sellout counts in attendance aggregation.
- provide additional attendance graphs and data.
- standardize nomenclature and data displayed on league overall/record and season attendance pages.
If you see numbers or information that is obviously wrong, please give me a heads up so they may be corrected and misinformation does not remain present on the site for other visitors to view and spread. All errors are embarrassing and I work to correct them as soon as reported.