Published on February 5, 2017 8:39 PM by dbo.
The January 2017 improvements include some data improvements to the Statistics site and bugs fixed on the main site.
The following fixes and enhancements have been made to CFLdb Statistics since the last report:
- Data: Reloaded All-Star teams (All-Canadian and All-Division), correcting issues with previous data load and structure. Added source links for almost all all-star teams. See below for more detail.
- Data: Added detail about the ORFU and Rochester Rockets 1956 season, provided by Gary Cobb, including stadiums, coaches, attendance, game dates and more.
- Data: Corrected the term dates for numerous coaches, primarily Calgary Stampeders and ORFU teams.
- Data: Corrected the ownership group dates of the Montreal Alouettes from 1946 through the end of the 1960’s.
- Data: Added the game time for about three dozen games.
- Data: Added some assistant coach terms for the 1970’s and 1980’s.
- Data: Added jersey numbers for numerous players and numerous years (over 1000) for future display.
- Enhancement: Added All-Star Teams list page and All-Canadian and All-Division year pages with some statistics.
- Enhancement: Added All-Canadian and All-Divison All-Star team selection lists by player.
- Bug: Misc. small wording corrections to the site.
The following fixes have been made to CFLdb since the last report:
- Enhancement: Miscellaneous FAQ and Glossary improvements.
- Bug: Fixed CFL Mash feed appearance on site.
- Bug: Fixed Detroit appearing in CFL Mash feed.
All-Star selection data is validated against originally media published reports where possible to correct discrepancies, add unanimous and tied data for division all-stars and provide the period position description of the selection.
Sources for 1979 and 1982 All-Canadian team were not found. If you have sources, or wish to research and provide, please contact me.
If you see numbers or information that is obviously wrong, please give me a heads up so they may be corrected and misinformation does not remain present on the site for other visitors and is not spread. All errors are embarrassing and I work to correct them as soon as reported.