cfldb, The Canadian Football League Database, is a central library for all things CFL related. This site, the original, hosts commentary, links, the CFL Rulebook, schedules, an extensive FAQ, information on the CBA and more. Our sister site, stats.cfldb, is a repository for data and statistics, such as schedules, results, attendance, coaching terms and records, owners and standings from 1950 to present. razzledazzle.cfldb is another sister site whose focus is media and infographics on Canadian football.
Sourcing, compiling and verifying information is a large amount of work so all help is appreciated. If you have information you can provide in any format, it will be gladly accepted, or if you have time to assist in verifying, analyzing or compiling data, please contact cfldb to discuss. All contributions will be appropriately accredited as specified (you may remain anonymous).
How to Help
cfldb is looking for help in the following areas:
- data and sources of information
- corrections to errors on the site
- complete missing information (game times of older schedules, television broadcasters and ratings)
- stadium, coach, owner information (newspaper clippings or other sources)
- contributions of research and long-form articles
- testing the site in various browsers for issues (specifically in IE 7/8/9, Safari, and Opera)
- web design advice on font selection and site layout, etc.
- technological help with front end code — CSS, HTML5, grid layout, mobile design, responsive layout, etc.
All contributions will be accredited appropriately as specified by the contributor. If you are interested please contact us.
In addition to sources listed in specific sections or posts, the following have served as general sources for this site.
- The Canadian Football League Facts, Figures & Records, 1985-2011 Editions
- The Canadian Pro Football Encyclopedia, 2011-2012 Editions
- Canadian Press and local newspaper articles
- Many of the books listed on the CFL Books page
- Fans like you
All original content on the site, including articles, Single Point links, Stadium Statuses, FAQ, feeds, etc. is copyright cfldb and is not to be reproduced without permission from cfldb.
Thank you for linking to cfldb. Please play nice and link respectfully to content pages, not directly to media files like pdfs and videos. Page links will provide a permanent link while media file names and locations may change. Basically, anything on media.cfldb.ca should not be linked to directly. If hot-linking becomes problematic, measures will be taken to block direct links.
Visitors are encouraged to subscribe to calendars published on cfldb, however, be nice and remove the calendar or stop the subscription after the season is over so this site doesn't have to server 1000's of update requests a day from your Blackberry for a 2009 schedule.
cfldb is properly written in all lowercase. In the case when it starts a sentence, it can be printed in all uppercase, like CFLDB, if your style guidelines require capitalization of initial words of sentences. It is never proper to write it with an initial capital — Cfldb is wrong.
Take Down Notices
Please use the contact form or admin email for any take down notices. They will be addressed promptly if proper grounds for removal are provided.
Who is Behind the Site
cfldb is run by a group of CFL enthusiasts and fans like you who provide information, sources, common questions and their answers on CFL topics.