Friends Appeal Quashed
Published on April 30, 2012 8:22 PM by dbo.
The Friends of Lansdowne appeal was dismissed today in a unanimous decision from the Ontario Court of Appeal. The Friends still have the option to ask the Supreme Court of Canada to hear their appeal, though the victors are discouraging such action. The group is contemplating their next action and should announce a decision well before the June 29th deadline.
The ruling produced a short statement from league commissioner Mark Cohon stating that Ottawa was one step closer to the return of football. After the decision, thoughts turned to what the Friends achieved and the what the project must deliver.
Leading up to today’s decision, coverage included the start of site work and other items.
- Ottawa should go ahead with Lansdowne work, report says
- Appeal decision set to be announced Monday, April 30th at noon
- Lansdowne work could start soon
- Timeline of the Landsdowne events
- Horticulture Building more hazardous than thought