Articles posted in August 2010
Published on August 24, 2010
As August winds down the dog days of summer the CFL sits in between its two shortened weeks, with each division taking turns at bye breaks in weeks 8 and 9. Now in the fourth year of the collapsed bye weeks, the league seems committed to this scheduling method for the fairness and ease of logistics in an eight team league. Though great for the scheduler, this format takes away the league's momentum heading into Labour Day. Or perhaps fans need a break too and will be raring to come back to a full slate of games in week 10.
Published on August 9, 2010
A lot of coverage from today on the events of the past 4 days. Not too much yet on the ramifications from Bob Young's announcement that he has pulled all and any offers of contributing to a Pan-Am Stadium off the table.
- Politicians back city choosing site
- Government cash still available
- Timeline of federal funding fubar
- Who is responsible for East Mountain funding statement? Doesn't anyone ask for that in writing? Somebody calls and announces a major decision on funding, don't you expect at least an email?
- The players
- Mayor: Vote can go ahead tomorrow
- Bob Young Letter: For Ti-Cats to succeed, Hamilton must succeed Missed among the other Bob Young letter today.
- Ti-Cat fans divided on stadium location
Published on August 4, 2010
In the debate de jour Wednesday, the stadium sides traded thoughts about parking at the two sites. The Tiger-Cats offered to cover the cost of up to 7,000 parking spots at the East Mountain site at roughly $5,000 per spot. The city responded by clarifying the parking situation at West Harbour, stating that there are actually 4,615 spots in the harbour area within 700 meters of the stadium. The interesting point of this is not the debate over the number of spots, but that these facts and more from the city's West Harbour location start trickling out now.