CFLdb is a collection of Canadian Football League information that aims to be the resource for attributable and indexed information on the CFL. This site contains links, commentary, updates on additions to the site, a searchable rulebook, answers to Frequently Asked Questions and more resources. The sister site CFLdb Statistics is the home for history, statistics, lists and facts while CFLdb Razzle Dazzle hosts visual presentations of information and other forms of media. Read more about CFLdb …
Thank you for linking, crediting and attributing the CFLdb family of sites. Questions, sources, information and suggestions/votes for new features are always welcome. Visitors have had thousands of questions answered privately and tens of thousands of queries satisfied through the FAQ section and other resources. If you can't find the information you are looking for, let me know and I will attempt to find an answer or point you in the right direction.
Articles are in depth commentary on CFL topics, often with a researched and historical perspective.
March 27th 2015 at 3:25 PM by dbo
The rules committee has sent the following changes to the board of governors for approval:
- Move the scrimmage for kicked converts to the 25-yard line (so a 32-yard kick attempt).
- Missed kicked convert attempts are live and may be run back for a 2-point score by the defending team.
- Justification: 99.4% of kicked converts were successful last year. Field goals kicked between 31 and 33 yards had a 81% success rate.
- Teams wishing to attempt a 2-point convert may scrimmage from the 3-yard line.
- Justification: 7 out of 23 or 30% of 2-point convert attempts were successful last year.
- Option: Governors have the option of testing during the 2015 pre-season moving the convert attempt to the 10-yard line and increasing the score value to a 3-point convert for running or passing the ball over the goal line.
March 1st 2015 at 5:46 PM by dbo
March 1st 2015 at 3:15 PM by dbo
February 16th 2015 at 4:42 PM by dbo
January 3rd 2015 at 12:59 PM by dbo
Single Points are links to external points of interest on the CFL with short commentary and supporting/related sources.
March 17th 2015 at 9:46 PM by dbo
Today’s announcement had a unique aspect that indicates the distance the league office has come: no leaks. It took almost 8 years of Cohon for them to realize they were part of the problem.
March 13th 2015 at 11:58 AM by dbo
March 12th 2015 at 11:55 PM by dbo
March 5th 2015 at 9:26 PM by dbo
March 5th 2015 at 9:24 PM by dbo